Our mission is to enhance the health and wellness of our patients and our communities. Beyond our commitment to provide the highest quality care to you, we are committed to responding to the needs of the community, enhancing public health through community involvement, and identifying and addressing our most pressing health priorities.
Community Involvement Programs and Events
University of Maryland Capital Region Health nurses, physicians and community health advocates work closely to offer health and wellness events and support classes in our communities.
We offer the following community programs and events:
- Child birth classes
- Chronic disease management
- Health and wellness seminars
- Health education
- Smoking cessation
Community Health Assessment and Implementation Plan
UM Capital, together with Prince George’s County and our community partners, conducts a community health needs assessment every three years. Through this process, we gain insight into our county’s unmet health needs and create an annual implementation plan with other community-based organizations to address those unmet health needs.
In addition, we examine other important data including:
- Area socio-economic factors
- Population demographics
- Use of health services
We are committed to driving positive outcomes in addressing these health priorities. The reports below share more detail about the needs in Prince George’s County.
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- UM Prince George’s Hospital Center Community Health Implementation Plan
- UM Prince George’s Hospital Service Area Profile
- UM Laurel Regional Hospital Community Health Implementation Plan
- UM Laurel Regional Hospital Service Area Profile
- UM Prince George’s Hospital Center FY 2014-2016 Community Health Implementation Plan
- UM Laurel Regional Hospital FY 2014-2016 Community Health Implementation Plan
- UM Prince George’s Hospital Center FY 2014-2016 Community Health Needs Assessment
- UM Laurel Regional Hospital FY 2014-2016 Community Health Needs Assessment