At University of Maryland Laurel Regional Hospital and University of Maryland Prince George’s Hospital Center, we want to make sure our patients get better quickly and safely. During visiting hours, we ask that you honor these guidelines when visiting a loved one or friend. Thank you for your help in keeping our patients safe.
UM Laurel Regional Hospital
At UM Laurel Regional Hospital, there are no set visiting hours. We encourage family and friends to visit for as long as the patient wishes. During your visit, we ask that you respect others’ privacy and keep conversations quiet.
UM Prince George’s Hospital Center
At UM Prince George’s Hospital Center our visiting hours are:
- For Medical/surgical inpatient rooms: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Intensive Care Unit: 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Behavioral Science Patients:
- Weekdays: 2 – 3 p.m. and 7- 8 p.m.
- Weekends: 1 -3 p.m. and 6 – 7 p.m.
Guidelines for Visitors
For the safety of our patients:
- Please do not visit if you are feeling ill
- Wash your hands to prevent the spread of infection
- Do not touch any medical devices in a patient’s room
- Supervise children – children must be supervised by an adult
- Step out of the room for care – you may be asked to leave the room for brief periods of time while your friend or loved one receives care, testing, etc.
Restrictions During Flu Season
To minimize our patient’s’ infection risks during flu season:
- Visitors with respiratory symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath), rash and/or diarrhea should not visit
- Children 12 and younger are asked not to visit
- All visitors should use hand sanitizer before entering and upon leaving the room
There are lounge areas for visitors on each inpatient unit and on the main floor in the lobby.
Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the Critical Care Units, the Emergency Department and Surgery. During certain hours, a volunteer is on duty in the Surgery Waiting Room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.