It’s important to have a critical care team by your side who is dedicated to providing comprehensive, attentive care. At the University of Maryland Prince George’s Hospital Center, your critical care team is made up of specially trained professionals.
The team includes:
- A 24/7 in-house intensivist (board-certified physician who specializes in critical care)
- 24/7 critical care advanced practice providers
- Specialized critical care nurses
- An intensive care unit (ICU) resident
- Respiratory therapists for breathing care
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists
- Specialized critical care pharmacist
- Social service specialists who support you and your loved ones
- Multi-trauma injuries
- Recovery from difficult surgeries
- Recovery from open heart coronary artery bypass surgery and valve replacement surgery (our cardiac surgery program received the maximum three-star designation for quality care by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons)
- Serious critical illnesses
- Surgical obstetrics problems
In addition, our rapid response team has the ability to go anywhere within the hospital to treat anyone who needs immediate critical care. This helps us provide fast, efficient treatment when it matters most.
The critical care department is located on the third floor of the hospital pavilion. We encourage families and loved ones to visit patients during our flexible hours.
Please speak with one of our staff members for more information about visiting your loved one, or call 301-618-6300.